Ever heard of the phrase, "Don't be such a girl" ?
I have to admit, I'm a really really sensitive person. The slightest thing in life gets me every single time.
I get upset, angry, teary, moody at all of the littlest thing that happens.
Not only that, even when it's something that is not even my fault, I feel awfully bad and start crying about it.
I know I need to think differently and think more like an adult. I can't always have this stream of tears shadowing every negative feeling I have.
I need to learn to not be so sensitive emotionally.
As for me, it's really difficult to manage and I'm against change because I fear it will only make me feel vulnerable and defensive.
I know I must overcome this, because it may just allow me to focus more on my ability to be happy and expressive in a better way.
I may seem fine in front of friends and everyone else, but when it comes to people who really matters the most to me, I'll be easily affected by their actions or comments, which in normal people's eyes, are totally nothing at all.
I really need to find a balance between my sensitivity with common sense, confidence and resilience.
I hope that the fact that I've chosen to examine my emotions may contribute to my efforts in improving my emotional wellbeing.
Till then,
This calls for a strong need of ground rules for myself and the need to explore and control my sensitivity.
p.s Writing this down really helps me a lot as I can transfer my abstract winding thoughts and make them into concrete words, at least far away from my dumb skull.
No comments:
Post a Comment