August 11, 2014

healing our wounds.

"When things don't go your way, you feel terrible emotional pain. But I hope you won't blame yourself or someone else for the pain. And, strange as it sounds, I also hope you will not listen to people who try to talk you out of your pain or show you ways to fix it. Because if you try too hard to fix pain, it only takes longer to heal! 
Inevitably, all pain is about longing for yesterday - whatever we had before, whatever used to be. But when pain doesn't go away fast enough, we criticize ourselves for not getting over it, for not being strong enough, or even for being vulnerable in the first place. That's not how wound heal. They don't obey our wishes. Healing takes place in its own way and in its own time.
 When you feel deeply hurt, you have everything in yourself to repair the damage. You want compassion, understanding, and nurturing in order to heal. But most of all, you need time."

Currently reading this book called Letter to Sam, and found these few paragraphs in it that I could really relate to.
Pertaining to my previous post, it was exactly what I felt. EXACTLY.
Oh well, guess it's only human to feel such way, and if a book can totally describe how I felt, it means I'm normal, hehehhe :D
Yes, as you can see, my mood has been lifted up a little bit since the previous post.
Being sad sucks big time.

Till then, 
It's the 23rd full moon since Day 1 :)

p.s We all have more longing for love and closeness than can ever be fulfilled. But, how do we live with the longing?

No comments: