Hello again,
I need to share something I have learnt overnight.
Probably I've often faced this problem in my life but yesterday, it was just clear to me and I see the whole big picture of it.
Yesterday was the Law Society's AGM.
To those frequent readers, you may know that a year ago, I was elected to be a director in the society.
Here.
Here.
So yesterday was my last day being in the board and also the introduction of the new board of committees.
I've learnt so so so much being a director, through rain or shine, thick or thin, I would never thought I would made it until here.
A year ago, everything seemed like a major hill for me to concur.
I made it, and I have everyone else to thank for :)
Well, that's not my point actually.
My point is, since I'll be stepping down, I obviously will become a precedent to the future person taking over my position.
It's totally alright with me if this precedent I made is being followed or constructed in a positive manner towards improvement.
I'm totally fine with that.
But, how would I feel if that new person taking over me, who is not even a day in my ex-position, gave unreasonable remarks and criticism about the way I do things?
You should do your research beforehand and speak based on solid grounds. Not just blurt out whatever that comes into your head.
Well, maybe in the future you may achieve bigger things than what I did, I actually think you're capable of it.
But bringing others down is not the best way for you to gain the trust from everyone.
It shows how unreasonable and disrespectful you are. I may be younger than you but I've been in that director position that you currently want.
You don't bring others down just so you can go up.
Think before you hurt others, especially those who had worked so hard just for the benefit of others (you included).
All the best to you being the next director!
I just hope you could be a little more thankful to me and my committees for what we've done and sacrificed. We don't even get a single cent out of it.
Till then,
To think that you have benefitted from all our hard work; getting all of these remarks from you is just hurtful and disappointing.
p.s Action speaks louder than word.
No comments:
Post a Comment