Funny how my phone lock screen says "I AM STRONG" yet I still whine over the smallest things.
Letting people in, takes a lot, like a lot of thought and effort, especially when I'm not always used to doing so.
While this is scary, I have to admit, it is precisely what enriches our lives and allow us to grow as a human.
There's a lot at stake when you get close to someone, wanting to reap the benefits of having a meaningful connections - vulnerability is pretty much required.
Yes, being vulnerable is terrifying.
I've always ask myself if it is even worth it to let people into your life and let them trample and step all over your vulnerability?
But seriously though, what happened to empathy?
Today, I taught myself something about being vulnerable..
Whenever I feel vulnerable, when someone takes advantage of my vulnerability, or take me for granted; Don't take a step back. Don't put up the wall and hide.
I accept that eventually I have to get used to these kinds of emotions, so today might as well be the day.
Feel whatever pain, don't think about it, just sense it fully, don't push anything away.
Absorb it all and don't be scared to feel.
It sucks when you share a (huge) part of yourself and they indirectly allow you to rely your emotions on them.
Yes, you might be thinking why I was so stupid to trust and rely my emotions on someone
But you know what?
Being able to open up emotionally, freeing myself to become vulnerable is actually very therapeutic.
I know now I have the emotional strength to pull myself back up and deal with it.
I might have to lick a couple of wounds, but I know I have enough in me to handle the worst.
"It is only when we close our hearts and put up protective barriers that we are at the mercy of everyone and everything around us."
Open up and go through that vulnerable moment, there's still a chance towards happiness. And that's already infinitely better.
No comments:
Post a Comment