Social media really made everything change. The sole purpose of social media at the very beginning of its introduction was so people could connect to one another easily. It's to make everyone closer.
But what it did not intend do, was actually produce more judgemental people. Humans did this to themselves.
I wouldn't deny I've never judged people when they posted their pictures and all. But, I hate how I've become one.
Since when do I ever care what I post? Looking back at all my old photos on Facebook, Instagram, etc and my old posts on this blog, I admit, I didn't thought about how other people would think of me. Truth be told, the reason I post less, is not only because I "don't want people to judge" but probably also because I realised I need my own personal space so that I'm free to be me.
I used to blog everyday, about every single thing I'm doing. All I had in mind back then, was so that I could read back, and remember the little things in life as a cherished memory. But now, when I look through the old posts, photos, etc. My only concern is that people would somehow find them and eventually judge me all over again.
I seriously do not know how and why this worry came about. I've considered deleting all my old posts, but my heavy heart wouldn't allow me. It's like deleting my past, not because I'm ashamed, but because my vulnerability is exposed to everyone out there. And the one thing I've learnt so far, is that some people take advantage of your vulnerability, not help you stay strong.
On a side note, I hate how social media has become a platform for people to send a messages to one another; just to prove a point.
But then again, come to think of it, nobody shows the world the sad part of their life.
Social media is just a mask of yourself you choose to show the world. The rest are concealed in something called reality.
Till then,
Can we all just go back to the time where paper and pen is the only mode of communication?
p.s Everyone eventually gets tired of holding up that mask sometimes, don't we all?
No comments:
Post a Comment