Recently, my priorities have all changed. Nothing much happened, I guess life just happens.
I spend more time doing nothing rather than going out and looking for things to do.
I spend more time planning my sleep instead of planning my social outings.
I enjoy life lesser, but I appreciate it more.
Working in a law firm as an attachment student seriously is soul sucking.
I can now say, that most working adults (those office based) are robots.
I suddenly appreciate my study life so much more.
I'm not saying I'm not enjoying my attachment, it's just that, it can be rather consuming.
Last week, when I was asked to pick a client to court, I had a really good conversation with him.
I guess he really is successful, and he is one of those humans with rather good people skills.
"What is the one thing you do that make you look pass time?"
I took a while to answer him.
And then I said, I don't exactly have something in mind right now, but I am sure I pay extra attention to the time when I have absolutely nothing to do.
He said, I am on the right side. Some people do nothing and realise time flies, and that is the most serious crime anyone can inflict upon themselves.
Which is true, I became super aware of the things I did that made me feel as if time flies.
I enjoy immersing myself in a pool of work. As crazy as it seems, I guess I am more productive when I'm under pressure.
No matter how much I may dislike doing certain tasks, I would choose it over doing nothing, anytime.
But of course, me being the person I am, honestly do not enjoy working on the same thing longer than I'm supposed to unless it really needs that much attention.
This legal attachment taught me that doing nothing can be ultimately stressful.
And I am seriously ranting about this.
p.s My priorities for this blog obviously have diminished too. Maybe just a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment