January 12, 2015

Happy Birthday Jennnnnn

One of my bestfriend is 22 today!!
I have so much to say, I know an Instagram post or a tweet is insufficient.

I've known this lady here ever since primary school.
Our parents were friends even before we both came into this world.
Little did they (or I) know, that we would be bestfriends until today.

I never thought that I would befriend someone who is so different from me, but I found her.
Instead of talking about how we do the things we love together, and how similar our interest are.. I need to share about how different we are.

We sat together in class in Standard 6, she can go all day and night about Jay Chou, I don't even know proper Mandarin back then. And now, I listen to Jay Chou all because of her. He's really good in my opinion. 
We sat together again in Form 3 and Form 5, which was when she was the biggest fan of Girls Generation. I don't hate kpop so much probably because of her love for it.

She plays basketball, I suck at it.
I do have to applogise to her though, for my never ending complaints back then about how she would be so sticky and sweaty after she plays basketball during recess.
I never liked it when she ditches me alone in the canteen just so she can go play in the basketball court ): 
So I guess we're even lol

I loved Add Maths, she hated it.
She always scored in Moral, I once got the lowest marks in class :\

She hated watching movies in the cinema because she said it was a waste of time and money, I'm the total opposite.
I like mango, she hates mango. I once made thai mango sticky rice for her but she couldn't enjoy it.
She's a January baby, I'm a December baby. We're (almost) one year apart.
She's a pro in media design and all those techy stuff, I only edit photos through my phone haha. I'm a tech noob.
The list goes on.. But we do have similarities for sure, we both love music.
And above all, we both share the strong bond in this friendship.
We do have lots of ups and downs, arguments, misunderstandings, but I'm glad we overcome it. We had so many confrontations and gave each other our piece of mind. I'm glad we are what we are today despite whatever happened.

You may not be the best girly bestfriend, going clothes and shoe shopping together. But talking to you can make me feel so much better. You give the best advice, although sometimes it's a little blunt but it's effective haha.. You understand me so well, sometimes I myself can't even see it in myself.
Your sense of humour is a little odd, you find joy in the weirdest things unlike others. But that's the real you and I haven't been able to say this but I really admire your courage to be different and live life on your own choices.
You taught me so much, as a friend, a sister and a person. I'm really glad to have you in my life. From the bottom of my heart, i love you ♡

No comments: