December 30, 2014

the year is ending.

And it's ending very very very very soon.
I'd like to say that I'm really looking forward to the new year.
If there's one thing I've always learnt everyday of my 21 years of life, it is to keep looking forward and accept whatever comes my way with an open heart.

So much has changed ever since the start of this glorious year.
Some for the better, and some not.

I'm getting a little used to being the only child around the house for the past several months.
All along, I always have my sisters around and doing things together. But towards the end of this year, although I wasn't used to at first, I've come to accept the change in circumstances and take it as it is. I'm still very much looking forward to when the three of us reunite! :D

Friends; got closer to some, made new ones, and some have become distant.
Some who have built me up, and some who desperately want to tear me down.
As time passes by, it made me realize how much a friend can mean to me. Each and everyone of them I love and fear losing. 
We shared so much memories and personal stories with one another, and what keeps the friendship strong is the will to maintain those bonds. 
I honestly, do not know what I'd do without them.
:')

I also realized how being ignorant (just a little) at times is essential.
 And that choosing my happiness over someone else's discontentment brings so much satisfaction rather than having to dwell so much in something that doesn't really matter to me.
I used to get affected by the slightest words that has thorns and pin-pricks along with it. But now, they all just fell lightly in the air, out of this precious mind.

Along the way of becoming a lawyer, earlier this year, I've became brave and able to stand up and speak in a (mock) court for a law moot.
During the start of the semester for the law moot subject, I had so many doubts regarding my courage to speak in the legal aspect, my ability to complete a law moot argument and memorial (those really fat ones), my fear of being unable to answer the judges' questions, etc..
But after some time, after practices and the first round of the actual moot, I somehow erased all those doubts and looked at it as a challenging experience.
To my surprise, our pair got shortlisted for the preliminary round. We both honestly did not expect it at all to the extend we even disposed all our materials after the first round.
Although I do admit, it was a little bit burdensome, I definitely enjoyed the challenge having to go through the same process the second time.

21 years old, first step to adulthood?
Also an eye-opening year for me in so many ways.

Till then,
Love as many things as possible.

p.s 
hisandherquotes:

everything you love is here

No comments: