So, in this so called process of what we call life, people grow up and part ways.
Although it's not for long, it affects me.
As everyone who reads this crap blog already knows, I'm an emotional and exceptionally sensitive person who acts like a warrior on the outside.
But enough about me.. Today, October 4th, is the day my little sister takes her giant leap in life to study abroad and be independent, away from the family.
In addition to that, my elder sister, has already landed a job in the busy city of Kuala Lumpur.
Oh, can you imagine my loneliness? I mean of course, my parents are the best companions for me but I'm just not used to it, yet.
Come what may, I hope she enjoys herself there as much as she can, because not everyone is able to get such opportunity like she does.
I'm quite confident she'll do well in her studies, adding that she's the "discipline master" at home when it comes to studying and prepping for exams. Even for my elder sister and I, she always acts all motherly forcing us to study all the time.
When it comes to her studies, it's her ultimate aim and goal in life to strive.
But I also do wish she learns more than what is beyond those books and pages.
Being an elder sister, I've always had this protective instinct over my family, maybe more towards her since she's the only one younger than me. Sometimes I might come off as what she would call "bossy" but it's just the elder sisterly thing to do. Haha I would apologise here but she don't read this, so yea.
We often argue and give each other the cold shoulder, but despite it all, the bond carried by the blood that runs in our veins is so strong that we just go back to normal in the blink of an eye.
On a lighter note, her course is 2 years long but she'll be back within 6 months time from now.
In the meantime, I'll definitely miss having her around me annoying and bugging the shit out of each other.
All hail to technology, we can still do so by other means :)
Studying in the hometown definitely has its own perks, and I would say, even more than the downsides.
But one thing I lose out, is the exposure to the outside world, the reality of having to be independent and living without much reliance on anyone.
Sometimes I wonder is this the reason people take advantage of my vulnerability? Just because I'm not "exposed" as much as others do, does it really mean that I lack the knowledge and capacity to be street-smart?
I beg to differ at any cause.
This only pushes me harder to prove those people wrong. I hate being taken advantage of and I definitely despise even more to be looked down just because of my choices in life.
Till then,
My little sister will have the strength to overcome obstacles in life, because I know we both have the same fighting spirit; That when someone knocks you down to the ground and breaks you, we patch ourselves and get back up no matter how much pain and tears we need to shed.. Even when it comes to the people we love.
p.s Believe in your own capabilities and knowledge.
"If other people do not see your worth, move on and love yourself endlessly."
No comments:
Post a Comment