September 6, 2014

the D word scares me.


How do people really deal with death? 
Just the thought of it scares me.
There was once, I dreamt of it, and when I woke up realising it's a dream, it was the best feeling ever.

I was scrolling through the news feed on Facebook and came across the news regarding a K-pop girl group had got into an accident. One of them passed away and another in a coma.
I didn't know the group prior to the accident, I haven't even heard of them.
In addition to that, the news of Joan Rivers and Robin Williams' passing have been on the headlines recently.
Then I thought to myself, just by reading such news, I feel a slight ache and tingle in my chest.
How do people dear to them really deal with it?
It's so scary having to be in that situation.

We're so used to seeing and being around our loved ones everyday that we try very hard to avoid having thoughts of what we'll do when they're not around.
Seriously, it's too much; the pain, the grief, the sadness, the emptiness, the change in lifestyle...
Why would one person resort to such tormented thoughts when they can just be happy living life?
But like most things in this world, death too, is inevitable and the only thing we can do is just appreciate and enjoy the presence of everyone around.
People often say, "Life has to go on no matter what."
I totally agree, but despite moving on, things will change so much that all you can do is just live with it.

LIFE. Is more than just a one word thing.

Till then,
Just random thoughts I need to pen down. 

p.s Need to remind myself that I should not take ANYONE for granted. Appreciate everyone that has crossed your path and those who have been walking alongside from the very beginning.


No comments: