January 13, 2014

Porsh..

Last week was quite a tough week for me to get through.
Many things happened, and one of it, is that Porsh has left us to be with God.
It happened last Thursday, the 9th of January.
The first thing I heard when I woke up, is that dad told my sister that Porsh has rested peacefully. 
I got up, and just sat on my bed and zoned out.
There were so many memories and thoughts running in my head early in the morning.
I couldn't stop my tears from flowing.


Days have past, and I know he's in a better place now. Each time I see his photos, or hear his name, my heart breaks a little.
He was our first dog ever since 1999.
We adopted him when he was only a few months old puppy.
We all grew up together for the past 15 years and having him at home was like a norm.

This was about 5 to 6 years ago.

I remember the times he was an active little puppy, running everywhere.
I remember me lying down on the floor next to him and trying to talk to him. And he just slept off as if I wasn't there lol
I remember once I cried, he sat next to me and started licking me as if asking me to stop.
I remember playing with him 'throw and fetch' with a tennis ball.
I remember having him in almost all our family photos during birthdays, gatherings and celebrations.
I remember my friends coming over and taking turns to snap a photo with him because he was so fluffy.
And every night, when I burnt the midnight oil to study, I've never once felt alone as he was always sleeping near the study room.

He not only was our pet, he was family, a friend, a companion, he cheered us up and many more.

Till then,
He loved us more than he loved himself.

"people are born so that they can learn to live a good life - like loving everybody all the time and being nice. A dog's life is shorter than human's because dogs already know how to do that, so they dont have to stay as long"

p.s We will always love you, Porsh. 

No comments: