“Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather what’s happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.”
I guess happiness in life can be one of the most subjective ideas one can have.
All along I've always relied my happiness on others without realising that happiness can be achieved in the easiest way possible.
It's all in the mind.
Instead of constantly blaming my negative feelings on other people, I realise it's better to look beyond it and take a moment and think for yourself.
I used to list down my blessings for everyday. Somehow I think it really makes me at least feel contented and happy.
The first week of the new year is almost over.
Despite my mental turmoil and my massive mood-swings, I can say that things are not so bad after all.
This week, I'm thankful :
-There are people around me who loves me no matter what happens.
-I managed to enter into the 21st year of my life.
-I've completed all my assignments and presentations for the semester.
-I could go shopping with the family and buy my CNY clothes.
-I didn't lose a 8-years-friendship that I thought I was going to lose.
-I'm fit enough to run 5KM.
-I was invited to birthday parties. Everyone's 21st birthday parties are somewhat important to them and if I was invited, it is really a pleasure.
-Free massage to soothe my discomfort and the muscle aches.
-After every argument, I still know how much that person means to me.
-Porsh, my 15 year old dog who is still trying to be physically active despite getting weaker and weaker everyday. I'm really thankful he could still be with us in the comfort of our house and companion.
-For every little compliments and smiles people give.
-For being able to smile and be happy.
Till then,
I'm also thankful you visit my blog. At least I have someone (no matter who you are) to share my thoughts with.
p.s You are what you want yourself to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment