September 7, 2013

band performance // birthday celebration

Despite the hectic exam period, my friends and I manage to celebrate a simple surprise birthday celebration for our two friends, Aaron and Wei Bing.
We headed to town after our usual 8am Friday class and had our celebration at Baboon's House.
I guess they did not expect us to celebrate their birthday since everyone would probably be busy preparing for the final exam. 
Some of us were still in our formal black n white class attire, the others went back home after class to change.
We had our very filling brunch and then I had to rush back to bathe and get ready for my soundcheck at Holiday Inn.
It was raining the whole morning and I was feeling very sleepy, adding the fact that I only slept so little the night before.
Managed to take a very short nap before my soundcheck started.

But anyways, last night's band performance was super fun!
Although there were some flaws in the performance here and there, everything else was awesome :) 
It was my first time wearing leather heel boots on stage, and towards the end of the performance, my feet felt sore. 
At least it made me look a little bit taller haha

My family were also guests for yesterday's dinner.
Having them there during my performance made me feel a bit more confident.
And I also had a seat on their table so I could go and sit and join them when I'm not on stage. 

Also, not forgetting those who performed with me.
They are all a bunch of super talented people and having the oppurtunity to play on stage with them was really a challenge.

Xue Fen, the very knowledgeable and talented keyboardist.

Jia Jing, singer with an awesome sweet voice!

Corson, the guitarist who's also good in song writing.

Zi Ying, the young and skillful rhythmic guitarist

Didn't manage to take a photo with the drummer, and the other 2 singers. They were busy walking around the ballroom haha

We also played 2 songs with some pay fong students from their guitar club.
They were a bunch of funny people, I felt old being around them. 

All in all, last night was another great achievement for me.
One thing for sure is that despite the different backgrounds and personality, music brought us together.

Till then,
Black n white in the morning, black n white at night.

p.s All in a day's work!

No comments: