Time is flying so fast.
And yea, so much has happened in the process.
Finals is in 3 weeks time, and another performance coming up in 8 days.
So much to study, but so little time.
Band practises in between, I just hope to cope with both.
Since finals come a bit later than the band performance, I'll just talk about the latter.
My musical skills may be limited but the only way for me to do my best in the performance is just by having continuous practise.
I just hope I don't spoil the performance.
I've been constantly reminded ; "The bass is really very important and the whole band will depend on the bass of the song"
And also the ever so annoying reminder that every of my little mistake I play may be heard very clearly by the audience.
Oh well, first of all, I'm very sorry I'm not that good and talented as the other band members.
It may seem as if I don't put enough effort in playing the songs.
But trust me, I'm trying my very best to cope with chinese songs, adding the fact that I've never ever heard before.
All those songs are alien to me and this only makes it an extreme challenge for me to understand the song and play together.
People say, once you're a good musician, you can play any songs depsite of the genre.
I guess I'm not that of a 'good musician' at all.
I feel more "at home" playing English songs.
Brenda once told me that Chinese songs and English songs have two totally different way of playing.
I really thank her for that because I'm slowly getting used to both.
I really miss jamming with my own band.
I feel as if I belong somewhere, I can totally be myself there.
Now, with this group, I don't really feel like myself and I don't know what the barriers are.
It's just that I cannot really connect myself to them.
More often that not, I'm like the outcast. LOL
Probably the different mentality or the different interest or background, or maybe it's just my skills, I can't reach up to theirs?
All I know is, at least I'm doing something I love.
I may not be good in it, but I'm doing my very best to sharpen my skill and improve in it.
I'm just looking forward to improving and not to face any embarassments, neither during performance or practise.
Till then,
To draw on a plain white cloth, is better than not drawing anything at all.
p.s Sometimes I question my intentions to challenge my abilities.


2 comments:
Do ur best. I know u can do it.. If they tell u u're nt good enough, screw them..! I've seen u perform n i luv it..!
LIKE A ROCKSTAR ;P
Post a Comment