Hello all!
I just got back from China yesterday!
It was super awesome..
:D
But freaking cold..
I hope I can tell every minute of everything that happened there.. But that would be like what, a 286345293 lines long post..
So if anyone who doesn't wanna get bored reading, shooo from here!!
We arrived Beijing on the first day at around 4PM..
The landing was horrible.. I wanted to puke..
I have travel sickness, apparently..
:S
The weather was fine..
The temperature was 6 degrees and that was considered "hot" in Beijing.. : /
The moment I stepped out of Beijing Airport, that was my first encounter with the weather..
Damn cold..
I was practically jumping for warmth. LOL
Stupid, I know..
We stayed in Jade Palace Hotel (click to know more).. It was a 5 star hotel and the security boy outside gave me a good first impression..
He was kinda cute and he smiled at us (which he wasn't allowed to).. HAHA!
We stayed at that hotel for 5 nights and we even remembered his shifts..
After settling down in the hotel, we went out for an outdoor walk at night around the hotel..
Bad idea.. It was 2 degrees during the night.. -____-
But the hotel was super good.. The service, the facilities and everything..
Day 2, 3, 4, 5 would be almost the same..
We went to TianJin on Day 5.. It was a 2 hours ride from Beijing..
And then after visiting some places there, we went back to Beijing again..
We visited factories, and all those historical sites and famous buildings and shopping..
i.e. Forbidden City, TianAnMen Square, Temple of Heaven, The Great Wall, Olympics Bird's Nest and Water Cube, Pearl Market, Jade Factory, etc etc..
Our itinerary was very packed actually..
So we only had limited time to visit. Sadly.
The Acrobatic Show and KungFu Show was the highlight of this trip, for me..
Damn good, I tell you!
Flawless.
Day 5 and Day 6, we went to ChengDe..
Which is located North to Beijing.. It was on the outskirt of China..
And worst of all, the temperature there was 2 degrees hottest and -6 coldest..
-_______-
I couldn't take it..
I had soooo many freaking layers of clothing.. But still, I was freezing..
The weather was too cold and all was on my mind was, INDOOR.. INDOOR!!
Staying outdoors in ChengDe is a bad idea..
We visited the Summer Resrot and the Lama Temple there..
Put up one night in a hotel there, I forgotten the name..
It was 4 stars but, for me, it was a major letdown..
I had high expectations. LOL..
But then again, I forgot it was on the outskirts of the city..
All the rivers and drain there were so cold, it all turned into ice..
You can actually walk and skate on them..
:P
ChengDe is a cold country.. And the people there are not so civilised compared to those in the city of Beijing..
Day 7 and Day 8..
I wasn't feeling very well due to the climate change..
Hot and cold and super cold and cold and hot.. Ahh~!
My throat was being a problem too..
We stayed in a 5 star Hot Spring Resort for the last night in China..
It was freaking nice!
They had a hot spring pool in every room..
:D
In a place like China, warmth was the only thing you needed most..
After that, we went shopping and then lunch and off to the airport..
On the plane, I was feeling rather uncomfortable but I was very thankful to the cabin crew because surprisingly, their hospitality was good..
It was sad leaving Beijing..
Too many things to see, too little time.
I learnt many many stuffs, experienced new things, done stuffs I never did before..
:D :D
I didn't know it's normal for people in China to not close the door when you're doing your business in toilets..
Like what the hell, I saw few elderly ladies, sitting/squatting doing their business in the toilet..
And worst of all, pants down and doors not closed.
I just caught a glimpse because I turned away and sneakingly laugh in disgust.
They were freaking talking to each other.. Yelling to one another so that others could hear them..
-_________-
It was veryyy normal for them, it seems..
But for us, major culture shock.
For those who close the doors, they don't lock them..
When you open it, thinking there's no one in there, you'd see a woman doing her business there and looking up at you with their cool face and then looking away the next..
You would be like a fool there, apologising like a freak.. They don't even care..
AHH! Why is it so normal for them??
Oh, and they spit everywhere..
We had to watch out for spit patches on the ground while walking..
HAHA.. Disgusting, I tell you!
It's good to be home again after one week being away..
Enjoying the warmth of Malaysia at the moment..
Till then,
The world is a really really really big place.
p.s I know the world is not gonna end. I can feel it.
:)


No comments:
Post a Comment