March 26, 2011

#24 Your favourite movie and what it's about.

 It's hard to decide what is your favourite movie, when there are so many really good ones..
But I would love to say there is one in particular which up until now, I still enjoy watching..
My favourite movie would be Forrest Gump
I think Tom Hanks is amazing in the movie..
Interestingly Tom Hanks won his first Oscar for the same movie..

This show is about Forrest Gump, a simple guy who is mentally challenged but always has good intentions..
He struggles through childhood with his best and only friend Jenny..
His mother teaches him the ways of life but she died and left him to choose his destiny by himself..
This movie is basically about humanity, it's about respect, tolerance and unconditional love.
The plot is much much more than this, obviously..
But this movie really reached for my heart deeep deeeep inside.
:D
There were some parts which are funny and some which are sad..
I laugh and cry.. It does what movies are supposed to do: make you feel alive.. Right??
Haha.

Quotes from Forrest Gump:
.
Forrest: I'm not a smart man... but I know what love is. 
 .
Dear God, make me a bird. So I could fly far. Far far away from here. 
.
My momma always said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
.
You have to do the best with what God gave you.
 .
Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't.
.
Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running! 
.
Stupid is as stupid does. 
.
My mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on
.
Remember what I told you, Forrest. You're no different than anybody else is. Did you hear what I said, Forrest? You're the same as everybody else. You are no different. 
.
Me and Jenny goes together like peas and carrots.  
.
Jenny: Why are you so good to me?
Forrest: You're my girl!
Jenny: [pause] I'll always be your girl. 


Till then,
God is mysterious. How many times will it takes for me to get it right?

p.s What can you do when you're good isn't good enough? And all that you touch tumbles down?

No comments: