Recently came across an article on the 80/20 rule.
I find it really really interesting.
Being humans, we are always out there searching for that something to fill up that 'void' in our lives.
The phrase "Nothing is perfect" is all too familiar to almost everyone.
Life isn't perfect either.
Sometimes life moves forward, full speed ahead, towards our goals, and then there are also times were we just get stuck barely surviving the motions.
When things are good, we indulge in the 80.
When things get difficult, the missing 20 comes into the limelight and magnifies itself.
And the latter, is where we make some of the dumbest decisions of our lives, sadly.
The mistake is when we leave the 80 to find the 20 in something else.
I'm putting this out now; I'm guilty of doing so. But the fact that it happened, I learnt the hard way, to face the consequence when I lack security to be self-content with my own capabilities.
Believe that although sometimes we don't feel like we're enough, with faith, all things can happen.
I need to constantly tell myself not to look else where for validation. More often than not, all that is needed is within ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment