January 30, 2015

principles.

This time last year, things were so different. I'm really glad my circle of friends in uni has been extended further to people whom I'd never thought I'd get close with. The joy of making new friends :')

Nevertheless on another note, I dont know if I learn to appreciate others more, or its just that I happen to see true colours. There's a saying which goes, "as time goes by, people don't really change, you just happen to see their true colours." Over the years, I can't deny I've been close to many people, mend some broken friendships, and built strong ones too.

I do admit I have my own principles in life, it may not be high principles but they are my own. It saddens me when people whom I thought knew me well, use my words against me. Yes, I've probably made it clear that I would always opt for confronting and be honest to another. It is bad enough that my attempts became mere actions which subsequently disappeared in thin air, but what's worse is that after I shared my discontentment, hoping things will change for the better, it didnt. All I got were allegations that I did not live up to my own life principles.

As far as I'm concerned, I know I did my part. Don't say I didnt try, but I guess once is enough to make things clear. When asked about what I was unhappy about, I explicitly let them out. Clarifications and apologies were exchanged but things were still the same. Honestly, after several attempts and expectations, I gave up. My hello's were unreturned, my smiles were deliberately ignored. I told myself, perhaps change was beyond my control.

And one thing led to another.

No comments: